26 June 2012

I'm doing it!


I just registered with Team In Training (TNT) to run in the Tinkerbell Half Marathon! Race day is January 20, 2013.

I'm actually really excited about this as opposed to when I was registering for my first half marathon in Dallas a couple years ago. I remember being hesitant even as I was putting down my credit card information for the event registration. Ever since the White Rock Half Marathon I've been wanting to get another half under my belt. What I'm looking forward to this time is to train with a group of people. It definitely was still fun last time too doing short runs with Jorge or Eric. This time with a group I think it would be easier to keep up with the training and not blame Thanksgiving and finals for missing two weeks of runs. I hope I can beat my last time of 2:35. I still can't believe that Joe finished 5 minutes faster with practically no training at all. So jealous!

An interesting new change this time is that I'm training with TNT and helping to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. 



No comments: